Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- BOX OFFICE: Another "Wakanda" wipe out, "Strange World" Bombs
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Horses and Snow and Gunslingers So Slow -- "The Desperate Riders"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Navy Fliers test limits of "Devotion" over Korea
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: When Peter Pan makes a promise, "The Lost Girls" wait for him
- Movie Review: Are Ryan, Will and Octavia "Spirited?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 25, 2022
Movie Preview: Dame Helen and Gillian A. star in a sequel that’s also a prequel, “White Bird: A Wonder Story”
Mandy Patinkin also stars in this “Let me tell you my story” sequel that takes “Wonder” and lessons about doing the right thing and kindness back to The Holocaust. October 14th.
“Sniper” movies are a combat genre all their own thanks to the fatal attraction of the loners — usually two-person teams — who do the work, hit-men or women in uniform, a one-or-two-shooter “surgical strike.” Many a first-person shooter video … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: “Elvis” is still the king, might edge “Maverick,” “Black Phone” headed towards $24 million
Baz Luhrmann’s “Elvis,” an “event” movie that isn’t about action or actors in tights, is heading towards a $31.5 million opening, and is projected at this point to edge the latest weekend of “Maverick” ($30). Thursday night previews — which … Continue reading
The most perilous minefield in the movies might be daring to explore teen sexuality on screen. Raunchy farces use the cover of comedy, because everybody knows taking this subject seriously risks crossing the line into straight-up exploitation. And whatever notoriety … Continue reading