Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- BOX OFFICE: Another "Wakanda" wipe out, "Strange World" Bombs
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Horses and Snow and Gunslingers So Slow -- "The Desperate Riders"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Navy Fliers test limits of "Devotion" over Korea
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: When Peter Pan makes a promise, "The Lost Girls" wait for him
- Movie Review: Are Ryan, Will and Octavia "Spirited?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 28, 2022
This take on the Aug. 5 IFC Midnight/Shudder release plays up the war of nerves, Hall tormented by Roth. It looks good, yes indeed. Hall is raising standards for horror, one high-toned tale at a time.
Anybody hoping to put Louis C.K.’s “issues” and cancellation out of their minds when watching his new film will be sorely disappointed, as there he is, right in the opening scene and playing a therapist, no less. He’s not the … Continue reading
Movie Preview: Ron Howard directs Viggo, Colin Farrell and Joel Edgerton, in the Thai Cave Rescue story — “Thirteen Lives”
July 29 in cinemas, shortly after on Amazon Prime. Looks really good. Wonder if Elon Musk appears in it, calling one of the rescuers a “pedophile?” We’ll have to see.
A cast reassembled for a Disney+ sequel to a popular kids and witches comedy. Divine, Miss M, just Divine.
A novel horror comedy that pairs-up mortal enemies trapped in a supernatural struggle for their mortal souls, “Revealer” turns out to be a clever idea flatly executed. It’s spooky, with hellish lighting, nasty underworld worms and a scary-silly demonic costumed … Continue reading
I know it’s “only a sequel,” and “only” a children’s animated film at that. But “Minions: The Rise of Gru” is a movie of manic, demented genius. It’s a slapsticky/witty, action-and-sight-gag-packed romp of a popcorn movie, a film that delivers … Continue reading