Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Netflixable? A drug dealer needs a bike racer to be his "Centaur"
- Netflixable? "Heart Parade" is a rom-com that goes to the (Dachshund) Dogs
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 16, 2022
The motorcycle chase scenes are the stars of the Spanish drug courier-by-bike thriller “Centaur (Centauro).” Alex Monner (“A Thief’s Daughter, “”Bajocero”) has the title role. Rafa is a Catalan motocross rider who never-quite-made-the-transition to track racing, thanks to inadequate rides. … Continue reading
It’s “Elvis” night at MovieNation, so here’s some footage of Austin Butler trying to master The King
Let’s see what the fuss is about.
There’s an almost magical acting moment early in the haunted house thriller “Abandoned.” It’s a scene in which new mom Emma Roberts, playing a new mom with post-partum depression that’s keeping her from bonding with her baby. She picks the … Continue reading
Out there and against the “Don’t say gay” grain of American political bigotry of the moment. Whistling through the graveyard audacity at its finest? Sept. 30.
Did she lose the accent to play the cinema’s most famous blonde? In an NC-17 take on Monroe’s life will people notice? Sept 23 we will find out.
It’s a staple of the vampire/werewolf/witch hunting genre, that moment when some cocky wiseass takes a gander at his or her quarry and asks a colleague that fateful, fatal question. “What’s so special about THIS one?” Holmes, you’re about to … Continue reading
Smart play for this Paramount + series. Part Stallone in the heartland, just like, uh, Costner. Think he’ll fit in, a made man, a goombah amongst the Okies? Fuggedaboutit. Nov. 13.
July 5 this hits the street. Not heard a peep about it, a little known cast, a murky trailer that gives little away. But the horror fanoisie are all atwitter over it.