Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? "You People" throws funny people at a lot of funny, fly rom-com riffs
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Why is Anthony Hopkins in "Where Are You?"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Movie Review: A Surprise Oscar nomination comes with Controversy, "To Leslie"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 17, 2022
One of the singular pleasures of traveling “Around the World with Netflix” is tumbling into a new mystery thriller from down Argentine Way. The genre’s practically a cottage industry down there, with “Blood Will Tell (La Misma Sangre),” “Black Snow” … Continue reading
It’s accepted wisdom that people age out of going to the movies. So stories about a demographic that’s abandoned the cinema are unfairly but justifiably rare. But the multiplex’s loss in the streaming cinema’s gain. Case in point, the laugh-out-loud … Continue reading
The fascist lampooning stage sensation cones to this big screen — and Netflix — Dec. 13. Looks “Oliver Twisted.” A distaff “Pink Floyd’s The Wall.”
Baz Luhrmann’s “Elvis” is the “Titanic” of musical biographies, a fantasia on its subject that synthesizes all that we know and much that we feel and wish about its iconic subject in a swirl of images, impressions and sounds surrounding … Continue reading