Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Movie Review -- "The Witch: Part 2, The Other One" gives witches the "Underworld" treatment
- Netflixable? A drug dealer needs a bike racer to be his "Centaur"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 17, 2022
One of the singular pleasures of traveling “Around the World with Netflix” is tumbling into a new mystery thriller from down Argentine Way. The genre’s practically a cottage industry down there, with “Blood Will Tell (La Misma Sangre),” “Black Snow” … Continue reading
It’s accepted wisdom that people age out of going to the movies. So stories about a demographic that’s abandoned the cinema are unfairly but justifiably rare. But the multiplex’s loss in the streaming cinema’s gain. Case in point, the laugh-out-loud … Continue reading
The fascist lampooning stage sensation cones to this big screen — and Netflix — Dec. 13. Looks “Oliver Twisted.” A distaff “Pink Floyd’s The Wall.”
Baz Luhrmann’s “Elvis” is the “Titanic” of musical biographies, a fantasia on its subject that synthesizes all that we know and much that we feel and wish about its iconic subject in a swirl of images, impressions and sounds surrounding … Continue reading