Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Disney serves up a moody Marvel "Werewolf by Night" Halloween tale
- Movie Review: "Operation Seawolf" pits Dolph against Grillo in a cut-rate WWII U-Boat thriller
- Movie Review: "The Storied Life of AJ Fikry" mopes its way towards Ordinary
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: "Lyle, Lyle Crocodile" manages a smile
- Movie Review: An all-star cast remembers better days in "Amsterdam"
- Movie Review: "Hellraiser" finds its feminine side
- Movie Review: Maika Monroe faces a monster with her "Significant Other"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 17, 2022
One of the singular pleasures of traveling “Around the World with Netflix” is tumbling into a new mystery thriller from down Argentine Way. The genre’s practically a cottage industry down there, with “Blood Will Tell (La Misma Sangre),” “Black Snow” … Continue reading
It’s accepted wisdom that people age out of going to the movies. So stories about a demographic that’s abandoned the cinema are unfairly but justifiably rare. But the multiplex’s loss in the streaming cinema’s gain. Case in point, the laugh-out-loud … Continue reading
The fascist lampooning stage sensation cones to this big screen — and Netflix — Dec. 13. Looks “Oliver Twisted.” A distaff “Pink Floyd’s The Wall.”
Baz Luhrmann’s “Elvis” is the “Titanic” of musical biographies, a fantasia on its subject that synthesizes all that we know and much that we feel and wish about its iconic subject in a swirl of images, impressions and sounds surrounding … Continue reading