Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Movie Review -- "The Witch: Part 2, The Other One" gives witches the "Underworld" treatment
- Netflixable? A drug dealer needs a bike racer to be his "Centaur"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 20, 2022
“Swap Me, Baby” is a self-consciously goofy two-handed farce about a mismatched couple about to have a baby. Their story? He’s “an escort, and the condom broke.” It’s a stoner “Catastrophe,” for those who remember that Sharon Horgan/Rob Delaney TV … Continue reading
Animated? Why yes it is. Weird? A24 has it. You betcha.
For Western fans who aren’t all that particular about how they get to The Big Shootout, and aren’t that concerned about how pokey the picture is that gets them there, we give you “Murder at Yellowstone City,” a murder mystery … Continue reading
Everybody has their own threshold of tolerance of or enthusiasm for the dominant streaming service. If you’re hooked on series, love the online version of water-cooler conversation about “Stranger Things,” “Squid Games,” earlier break-out “Ozark” and the like, you’re probably … Continue reading
Here’s an Around the World with Netflix first, a rom-com about a cooking show contestant who wants to better her life by winning a TV “Cook Off.” It’s the first feature film from Zimbabwe purchased and distributed by Netflix, and … Continue reading