Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? "You People" throws funny people at a lot of funny, fly rom-com riffs
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Why is Anthony Hopkins in "Where Are You?"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Movie Review: A Surprise Oscar nomination comes with Controversy, "To Leslie"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 20, 2022
“Swap Me, Baby” is a self-consciously goofy two-handed farce about a mismatched couple about to have a baby. Their story? He’s “an escort, and the condom broke.” It’s a stoner “Catastrophe,” for those who remember that Sharon Horgan/Rob Delaney TV … Continue reading
Animated? Why yes it is. Weird? A24 has it. You betcha.
For Western fans who aren’t all that particular about how they get to The Big Shootout, and aren’t that concerned about how pokey the picture is that gets them there, we give you “Murder at Yellowstone City,” a murder mystery … Continue reading
Everybody has their own threshold of tolerance of or enthusiasm for the dominant streaming service. If you’re hooked on series, love the online version of water-cooler conversation about “Stranger Things,” “Squid Games,” earlier break-out “Ozark” and the like, you’re probably … Continue reading
Here’s an Around the World with Netflix first, a rom-com about a cooking show contestant who wants to better her life by winning a TV “Cook Off.” It’s the first feature film from Zimbabwe purchased and distributed by Netflix, and … Continue reading