Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Netflixable? A drug dealer needs a bike racer to be his "Centaur"
- Netflixable? "Heart Parade" is a rom-com that goes to the (Dachshund) Dogs
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 5, 2022
For the past few weeks, I’ve been fuming at boutique distributor Neon, which was waffling on whether or not to preview screen “Crimes of the Future” in my market, or anywhere near me. Coupled with a general lack of advertising, … Continue reading
The line for the 1130am showing of “Crimes of the Future” starts here, in the parking lot of Raleigh, NC’s Cinemark Grande. Apparently.
Ancient corpses uncovered in a bog haunt the residents near it in “Moloch,” a gloomy, suspenseful thriller from the Netherlands. Director and co-writer Nico van den Brink makes his feature filmmaking debut an exercise in menacing a mother and her … Continue reading
Anybody familiar with his early work has to realize that casting Lloyd Bridges (1913-1998) as a hero was something of a waste. Tough “good guys” are a lot less interesting that tough guy villains as his treacherous deputy turn in … Continue reading