Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Disney serves up a moody Marvel "Werewolf by Night" Halloween tale
- Movie Review: "Operation Seawolf" pits Dolph against Grillo in a cut-rate WWII U-Boat thriller
- Movie Review: "The Storied Life of AJ Fikry" mopes its way towards Ordinary
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: "Lyle, Lyle Crocodile" manages a smile
- Movie Review: An all-star cast remembers better days in "Amsterdam"
- Movie Review: "Hellraiser" finds its feminine side
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Movie Review: Maika Monroe faces a monster with her "Significant Other"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 5, 2022
For the past few weeks, I’ve been fuming at boutique distributor Neon, which was waffling on whether or not to preview screen “Crimes of the Future” in my market, or anywhere near me. Coupled with a general lack of advertising, … Continue reading
The line for the 1130am showing of “Crimes of the Future” starts here, in the parking lot of Raleigh, NC’s Cinemark Grande. Apparently.
Ancient corpses uncovered in a bog haunt the residents near it in “Moloch,” a gloomy, suspenseful thriller from the Netherlands. Director and co-writer Nico van den Brink makes his feature filmmaking debut an exercise in menacing a mother and her … Continue reading
Anybody familiar with his early work has to realize that casting Lloyd Bridges (1913-1998) as a hero was something of a waste. Tough “good guys” are a lot less interesting that tough guy villains as his treacherous deputy turn in … Continue reading