Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Movie Review: Dave Bautista tries not to scare the kid with his "Knock at the Cabin"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? Documentary "Pamela" gives Anderson a chance at Her Side of "A Love Story"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Movie Review: Skarsgård watches himself go down in the "Infinity Pool"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 29, 2022
Movie Preview: Rockwell and Ronan star in a Brit period piece murder mystery/farce — “See How They Run”
This isn’t the 1940s British play of the same title, although am characters name, Inspector Stoddard, hints at perhaps its inspiration. It stars Sam Rockwell, Saoirse Ronan and Adrien Brody about is about time cast of an about to film … Continue reading
A teensy tiny hint of Get Out?” You think? This horror tale and all it’s digging and creepy preacher frights opens Friday.
Flying to Bali for their daughter’s wedding. To break it up. Cute. Kind of madcap. Ish. Trying WAY too hard. Apt use of Three Dog Night singing a Randy Newman tune. Look for this one Oct. 21, because you know … Continue reading
Victimhood is a scab that should never be picked, because the last thing the martyred want is for a wound to heal. And there it is. You bathe in the proverbs and aphorisms of John Michael McDonagh long enough, he’s … Continue reading
The French invented the “menage a trois,” so leave it to them to conjure up a particularly messy one that looks at love from “Both Sides of the Blade.” Titled “Avec amour et acharnement” in French, and first-titled “Fire” in … Continue reading
Here’s a film that exposes the sketchy scam that is Major League Eating, and that July 4 Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest and the power drunk mini Vince McMahon who runs it for what they are. It’s funny and goofy … Continue reading
In a large, repurposed open floor-plan warehouse in Breaux Bridge, Louisiana, a man in baseball cap and sweater vest exhorts his charges, a sea of high school kids whose uniforms are often augmented with college sweatshirts. But the shirts — … Continue reading
Heres the final trailer. I don’t get hyped about comic book movies. But this one has me wound up, I tell you what.