Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Karma comes for "The Machine," the shirtless funnyman who isn't
- Movie Review: "Spider-Man: Across the Spiderverse"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Netflixable? "The Year I Started Masturbating"
- Memorial Day BOX OFFICE: "Mermaid" is "under the sea" and well into the Black -- $125 million+ 4-day weekend
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? Rural Mexican kids come of age in the sentimental "Where the Tracks End"
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: June 19, 2022
Netflixable? “RRR,” an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
The longest film I ever reviewed was “La Belle Noiseuse, The Beautiful Troublemaker,” a near real-time Swiss drama about a famous painter whose creative energy returns when he meets the beautiful girlfriend of a young protege. It plays out in … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: “Jurassic” devours “Lightyear,” “Maverick” marches on
Jurassic World Dominion” pulled in almost $59 million on its second weekend, a 60% decline from its opening. That’s an average drop off, nothing to celebrate but no reason to mourn either. It has pulled in over $622 million worldwide … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on BOX OFFICE: “Jurassic” devours “Lightyear,” “Maverick” marches on
Classic Film Review: The Timeless Charm of “Doc Hollywood”
Michael J. Fox had a nice, decade-long run as an “It” star in Hollywood, the Canadian-next-door leading man who got first dibs on a lot of prestige projects. That wasn’t just due to his TV fame, the sitcom stardom brought … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Classic Film Review: The Timeless Charm of “Doc Hollywood”
Book Review: Fatherhood, the Baby Daddy way? Jamie Foxx’s “Act Like You Got Some Sense”
Jamie Foxx may be an Oscar winner, and an accomplished musician, singer and stand-up, too. But he’d seem an unlikely candidate for a book on fathering. Not Herschel Walker unlikely. But a party animal, good-time TV and movie star with … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Book Review: Fatherhood, the Baby Daddy way? Jamie Foxx’s “Act Like You Got Some Sense”