Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: An Indian Village goes French New Wave, "Adieu, Godard"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? Taiwanese mother considers whether to "Reclaim" the life she's given up for others
- "Top Gun: Maverick" comes back to the biggest IMAX (and mini max) screens this weekend
- That weird Golden Oldie tucked into "The Gray Man" -- "Silver Bird"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review -- "The Witch: Part 2, The Other One" gives witches the "Underworld" treatment
- Movie Review: Kids find Superhero Dad's "Secret Headquarters"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 26, 2022
Who doesn’t love a little gibberish from the cockpit? July 1, Steve Carell gets upstaged…again.
A24’s little stop-motion animated movie based on the viral videos voiced by Jenny Slate and filmed by her ex-husband only opened in six theaters. And yet “Marcel the Shell with Shoes On” pulled in $169k on this six (mostly New … Continue reading
The acting is underwhelming, the sound is tinny and off-mike and the script isn’t the least bit subtle about shoving exploitive nudity and lesbian sex into the lurid Lovecraft thriller, “H.P. Lovecraft’s Witch House.” So, amateurish? Hell yes. But the … Continue reading
You glance at the poster or the DVD cover for “ScarfFace” and you figure “Ah, a new edition to the DePalma/Pacino Cuban gangster epic” is out. “Say ‘allo to my leetle friend” and all that. And then you see the … Continue reading