Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: Workplace Ditzes in the Zoom Meeting era -- "Out of Office"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Antonio Banderas classes up "The Enforcer"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Movie Review: Smart House/Murder Mansion, "Margaux"
- Movie Review: "Don't Worry Darling," it'll all be over soon
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 22, 2021
How do we love Tim Blake Nelson? Let me pontificate the ways. It’s the folksy demeanor, the disarming smile with just a pinch of menace, the Oklahoma drawl that makes you underestimate whoever he portrays on the silver screen, a … Continue reading
Twee? Check. “Vintage? Retro? Sure. Animated? And adorable? Check and check again. “The French Dispatch” comes out Oct. 22. At last.
Justin Chon‘s “Blue Bayou” could be a companion piece to Lee Isaac Chung’s Oscar-winning “Minari.” It’s a grittier and far more downbeat look at a bleak version of the Korean-American immigration experience. Writer, director and star Chon, who gave us … Continue reading
Let’s put all the “Dear Evan Hansen” bashing into context, shall we? Here’s what 2021, what was supposed to be our post-pandemic year at the movies, has given us in musical form. “Everybody’s Talking About Jamie,” felt dated and quaint, … Continue reading