Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Karma comes for "The Machine," the shirtless funnyman who isn't
- Movie Review: "Spider-Man: Across the Spiderverse"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Netflixable? "The Year I Started Masturbating"
- Memorial Day BOX OFFICE: "Mermaid" is "under the sea" and well into the Black -- $125 million+ 4-day weekend
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? Rural Mexican kids come of age in the sentimental "Where the Tracks End"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: September 17, 2021
Movie Review: Aubrey Plaza rides herd on Michael Caine in pursuit of “Best Sellers”
The pitch? Twinkly Michael Caine‘s a boozy crank of a writer, with sulky Aubrey Plaza the hapless, put-out “silver spoon” publisher trapped escorting the old drunk on a wintry book tour through, not bookstores, but accommodating bars. Yes, “Best Sellers” … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: Aubrey Plaza rides herd on Michael Caine in pursuit of “Best Sellers”
Netflixable? Romania is home to “The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)”
Today’s trek on Around the World with Netflix is a Romanian drama about power, obsession, guilt and regret. “The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)” takes us into the Romanian winter where a politically-connected father (Adrian Titieni) frantically tries … Continue reading
Documentary Review: Fish and New England fishermen stare down extinction — “Fish & Men”
The perilous state of our fisheries and endangered status of American commercial fisherman are explored, in depth, in “Fish & Men,” a new documentary centered on the dying commercial fishing industry of Gloucester, Massachusetts. Filmmakers Darby Duffin and Adam J. … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Documentary Review: Fish and New England fishermen stare down extinction — “Fish & Men”