Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "Photocopier" reminds us that in Indonesia and elsewhere, the Revolution will not be Televised
- Movie Review: "Umrika" sadly reminds one of the America the rest of the world used to see
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? "The Royal Treatment," a haircut with dull scissors
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 5, 2021
This one opens Sept 17.
Marvel’s dive into it’s Asian character comic past paid off in a big way as “Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings” is rolling to the third biggest box office opening weekend of the pandemic. Only “Black Widow” … Continue reading
November 12 Netflix gets into the Reynolds, Rock and Gal G action biz with this one, which has a whiff of a Reynolds film here, a Dwayne Johnson outing there, and the Bruce Willis all star actioner “RED.”