Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: "Don't Worry Darling," it'll all be over soon
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: Workplace Ditzes in the Zoom Meeting era -- "Out of Office"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Antonio Banderas classes up "The Enforcer"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Smart House/Murder Mansion, "Margaux"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 21, 2021
Never caught it on the stage, but one certainly hears all about it on Broadway websites and such. Another uplifting musical about self confidence, acceptance, tolerance, self worth, how mean everybody is in high school.
Frank Grillo and William Forsyth co star in this Nov. 5 thriller. Could be a solid B picture. Love the genre.
We call films that try telling a story in a different way “innovative” or “experimental” when they work, “gimmicky” when they don’t. “Lone Wolf” is an Australian thriller about police infiltration and documentation of an anarchist protestor group, what goes … Continue reading
Movie Preview: Denzel and McDormand in Joel Coen’s take on the Scottish play (“The Tragedy of Macbeth”)
Black and white, foggy and soundstagy, this looks a bit like the Orson Welles “Macbeth” of the ’40s. This holiday treat (Dec. 25 in theaters, Jan. on Apple TV+) comes from A24 and Apple.
“Baggage” some call it. “Complications” is what it is. The longer you live, the more experiences you’ve had, bad and good, and the more your pile of memories, traumas, triumphs and tragedies dictates how you respond to the world and … Continue reading