Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "Photocopier" reminds us that in Indonesia and elsewhere, the Revolution will not be Televised
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: "Umrika" sadly reminds one of the America the rest of the world used to see
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? "The Royal Treatment," a haircut with dull scissors
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 12, 2021
Leo and Meryl, Jonah and oh-so-many others star in this doomsday farce about real doomsday coming in a time of so much angst and worry over the things that may not kill us if something new comes up. “Don’t Look … Continue reading
You kind of know you’re in a Joe Carnahan movie when somebody on camera states the obvious. “What say we cut through the bulls–t?” It always comes too deep into the bulls–t to matter. But that’s what you came for, … Continue reading
Warner Brothers had no clue how to sell the screwy, blundering “Malignant” and gave up on it. James Wan has a big old bomb on his hands, a $5.5 million opening weekend, a dog by every measure. Horror movies are … Continue reading