Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Documentary Review: A ski resort disaster dissected -- "Buried: The 1982 Alpine Meadows Avalanche"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: Just a coupla "Bros," looking for love
- Movie Review: "Project Wolf Hunting" is a Slaughterhouse at Sea
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Documentary Review: The Wonder that was Bowie -- "Moonage Daydream"
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
- Movie Review: The Witch oh the witch oh the witches are back -- "Hocus Pocus 2"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 25, 2021
A 60 year-old accountant from New York (state) wants to be a pop star, some sort of conceptual/multi-media pop performer of the Michael Jackson/Grace Jones/Talking Heads in “Stop Making Sense” mold. So he blows a wad of cash on a … Continue reading
Netflixable? German thriller “Je suis Karl” gets inside the slick messaging of White Nationalism in Europe
The “rallies” are “academies,” basically bubbly conventions where smiling young like-minded faces gather, live-stream vlogs with their selfie sticks, buy t-shirts, sample gins and hear presentations. And those speeches? They’re Tony Robbins-affirmative, TED Talk slick and Promise Keepers creepy. The … Continue reading
The plea, suggestion and threat is all in a single line and one delivered on screen long after the viewer has thought it or even muttered it aloud. “Get some help, mate.” “Surge” is one man’s experiment in going full … Continue reading