Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? Norwegians serve up "Jaws" with Claws in "Viking Wolf"
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Netflixable? Documentary "Pamela" gives Anderson a chance at Her Side of "A Love Story"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Dave Bautista tries not to scare the kid with his "Knock at the Cabin"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 25, 2021
A 60 year-old accountant from New York (state) wants to be a pop star, some sort of conceptual/multi-media pop performer of the Michael Jackson/Grace Jones/Talking Heads in “Stop Making Sense” mold. So he blows a wad of cash on a … Continue reading
Netflixable? German thriller “Je suis Karl” gets inside the slick messaging of White Nationalism in Europe
The “rallies” are “academies,” basically bubbly conventions where smiling young like-minded faces gather, live-stream vlogs with their selfie sticks, buy t-shirts, sample gins and hear presentations. And those speeches? They’re Tony Robbins-affirmative, TED Talk slick and Promise Keepers creepy. The … Continue reading
The plea, suggestion and threat is all in a single line and one delivered on screen long after the viewer has thought it or even muttered it aloud. “Get some help, mate.” “Surge” is one man’s experiment in going full … Continue reading