Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "Photocopier" reminds us that in Indonesia and elsewhere, the Revolution will not be Televised
- Movie Review: "Umrika" sadly reminds one of the America the rest of the world used to see
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? "The Royal Treatment," a haircut with dull scissors
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 13, 2021
Andrew Garfield is Jim Bakker, the preacher/con-artist who, with singing (yeah, she sounded like that), sermonizing and upbeat hustling wife Tammy Faye Bakker, created a Christian media empire and theme park in Billy Graham’s Charlotte, NC stomping grounds. Vincent D’Onofrio … Continue reading
If there’s an actor working today with more of a born “poker face” than Oscar Isaac, I’d be terrified playing cards against him. The sleepy, hooded eyes give him a resting blank-face – serious, impassive and never giving anything away. … Continue reading
This Texas tale of honky tonks, pool halls, the love of a good woman and a great song or two is based on a Todd Snider country tune (“Just Like Old Times”) and stars Michael Dorman of “For All Mankind,” … Continue reading
All it takes is one good, melting look. That’s the way it works in the movies anyway, especially teen romances. Hollywood or Bollywood, Seoul or Sweden, the locale doesn’t matter that much. It’s all about the eyeballs. “JJ+E,” titled “Vinterviken … Continue reading
As the white stretch limo rolls through the highway on the edge of the Joshua Tree National Monument, the driver rolls down the privacy screen and hits the immaculately put-together star in the back with the question she’s come to … Continue reading