Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Laughs are hard to find in this Spanish "Perfect Family (La familia perfecta)"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Rebel Wilson has her "Senior Year" moment
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: Lost Aussie Children in the Cane Country by "Sweet River"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A Soapy Sex Triangle from India in shades of "Cobalt Blue"
- Movie Preview: Gerard Butler and Jaime Alexander in "Last Seen Alive"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Netflixable? Lucy Hale flees drug smugglers in the desert, a "Borrego" chased by lobos
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 19, 2021
There’s not much doing any business these days other than the latest money-making marvel from Marvel. “Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings” did another $21.7 million. It’s now over $320 million worldwide and still cleaning up. “Free … Continue reading
Some movies don’t need to tell you they’re “based on a true story.” You don’t have to recall the dates and details. You don’t question what unfolds on the screen. Based on everything we’ve seen and heard over the past … Continue reading
Ethiopian-American filmmaker Haile Gerima’s 1993 gem “Sankofa” is both a landmark of indie cinema and a benchmark on the storytelling road between TV’s “Roots” and the Oscar winning drama, “12 Years a Slave.” It’s a poetic, mystical and meandering immersion … Continue reading