Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: "Don't Worry Darling," it'll all be over soon
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: Workplace Ditzes in the Zoom Meeting era -- "Out of Office"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Antonio Banderas classes up "The Enforcer"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Smart House/Murder Mansion, "Margaux"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 19, 2021
There’s not much doing any business these days other than the latest money-making marvel from Marvel. “Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings” did another $21.7 million. It’s now over $320 million worldwide and still cleaning up. “Free … Continue reading
Some movies don’t need to tell you they’re “based on a true story.” You don’t have to recall the dates and details. You don’t question what unfolds on the screen. Based on everything we’ve seen and heard over the past … Continue reading
Ethiopian-American filmmaker Haile Gerima’s 1993 gem “Sankofa” is both a landmark of indie cinema and a benchmark on the storytelling road between TV’s “Roots” and the Oscar winning drama, “12 Years a Slave.” It’s a poetic, mystical and meandering immersion … Continue reading