Top Posts & Pages
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: Wes Anderson visits 1968 France via "The French Dispatch"
- Netflixable? Amateur Polish sleuth wonders if she's "In for a Murder (W Jak Morderstwo)"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
- Movie Review: Canadian College kids discover the horrors of "Halloween Party"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 20, 2021
Yeah, just what we need. More “proof” for the wackjobs. But but but, I saw it on a MOVIE. “Implanted” enters release Oct.1.
Today’s Around the World with Netflix presentation lets us know that rich, womanizing douche-bros in Brazil are every bit as contemptible as anywhere else. But with the title “Rich in Love (Ricos de Amor),” you have to know that the … Continue reading
Yes, it looks like they give the whole danged thing away in the preview of this Oct. 15 release (in theaters, and on Peacock Network). But we’ll have to watch the completed thriller to see, won’t we?
Documentary Review: Another take on “The Lost Leonardo” — “Savior for Sale: Da Vinci’s Lost Masterpiece?”
The French documentary “Savior for Sale” came out in France before the very fine theatrical documentary “The Lost Leonardo” hit theaters. As the films are about exactly the same subject — the “discovery,” epic resales and scandalous politicking involved in … Continue reading
So here we are again, Moriarty. Or shall I call you writer-director Justin Lee? You’re the prolific filmmaker with no less than nine writing and directing credits produced, filmed and unleashed since 2018. I’m the sucker who keeps reviewing cut-rate … Continue reading