Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
- Movie Review: Rideshare Roger just might be a "Stalker"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 15, 2021
There was a time when Clint Eastwood, in the vigorous youth of say five years ago, was famous for whacking lines and pages of extraneous dialogue from any script he was acting in and/or directing. That’s far from the case … Continue reading
Every film-lover has her or his idea of what constitutes “out there,” and what level of gonzo one will tolerate in that regard. Some prefer the excesses of Yorgos Lanthimos to those of Terry Gilliam, Derek Jarman, Maya Deren or … Continue reading
Why do I keep wanting to title this “Cry Havoc,” is it the Shakespeare connection to that alternate? Or is it fear for another sign that aged, impatient One Take Grandpa needs to surrender his keys? We all get there, … Continue reading
This one played at Sundance and makes its way to theaters and streaming Oct.8.