Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Power of the Dog" gives Campion a great cast and a grand canvas to paint upon
- Classic Film Review: Caron and kids treat Cary Grant as "Father Goose"
- Movie Review: Trashy, dull "For the Love of Money" lets singers take a shot at acting
- Movie Review: A murder unsolved, a romance tested -- "The Violent Heart"
- Movie Review: Joaquin Phoenix as baby-sitter, "C'mon C'mon"
- Movie Review: A movie from a play, a family Thanksgiving slice-of-life, "The Humans"
- Netflixable? French comedy "Spoiled Brats (Pourris gâtés)" doesn't "Teach them a lesson"
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Netflixable? Sad to say, "Father Christmas Is Back"
- Netflixable? "Holly Star" tries to put the "cute" back in Christmas comedy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 30, 2021
“Memoirs of a Black Girl” is an earnest micro-budget indie melodrama, a “film festival film” of earnest intent if modest means. If the ambition to punch above its weight were enough, it might pass muster. But unpolished performances, incessant and … Continue reading
Perhaps your first reaction upon stumbling onto “The Assignment” was the same as mine. “How did THIS trainwreck escape my notice?” in 2016-17 when it was released? But right there in the opening credits, we see that “Warriors” and “48 … Continue reading
Just a friendly reminder that Hulu’s amusing “true crime” podcast fans turned sleuths comedy “Only Murders in the Building” is wrapping up its first season, and it’s a hoot and you should be watching. There is more to streaming TeeVee … Continue reading