Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: Workplace Ditzes in the Zoom Meeting era -- "Out of Office"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Antonio Banderas classes up "The Enforcer"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
- Movie Review: Smart House/Murder Mansion, "Margaux"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Movie Review: "Don't Worry Darling," it'll all be over soon
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 27, 2021
Movie Preview: Coming of age during the Streisand/Jon Peters era — Paul Thomas Anderson’s “Licorice Pizza”
I am reading that right,. Child actor studying to be a director falls in love, crosses paths with Bradley Cooper who appears to be then-Streisand squueze, hairdresser/producer Jon Peters? Quite the cast. Nov 26.
The voice is fractured, fragile and intimate — “plaintive, earthy and insinuating” an early Village Voice critic called it. Bob Dylan got even closer to the mark by stating the obvious about Karen Dalton and who she was plainly imitating … Continue reading
Joachin Trier’s dramedy is about a young woman’s confused, indecision love life and how she mismanages it and her planned over four years. Will she get it together, or will she be shamed by the label that is this Norwegian … Continue reading
A murderous cult, demons, Massachusetts snow? This Vertical release comes our way Oct. 8.
A Cornelia Funke (“Inkheart”) novel allowed a German/Dutch animation operation and Netflix to elbow their way into “lads who ride dragons” stories with “Firedrake the Silver Dragon,” a movie that goofs on “How to Train Your Dragon” and makes itself … Continue reading
Fantasy with a Gaiman edge, delivered in an 11 episode series. Looks glossy and smart, worth a peek
The early sequences of “The Jesus Music,” a history of CCM — “contemporary Christian music” — depict the social ferment that “the movement” was born in — the late 1960s. And the interview subjects popping up on screen and the … Continue reading