Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review -- "Minions: The Rise of Gru" is Pure Looney Tunes
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Movie Review: "Beavis and Butthead Do the Universe" Heheheh..."Do"
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 6, 2021
An Oct. 15 release. Doesn’t look like much, but maybe…
Netflixable Series? Norwegian “Post Mortem: No One Dies in Skarnes” doesn’t hit the Dark Comedy mark
How much should one give away about “Post Mortem,” this six episode Norwegian series set in a funeral home and a nursing home in Skarne, a little town where the running gag — among cops and morticians alike — is … Continue reading
The cash kept coming in Sunday and Disney corrected its numbers for it’s Labor Day weekend blockbuster. “Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings” earned some $75 million in the US, Thursday thru Sunday. Add in the holiday … Continue reading
John Steinbeck wrote “The Grapes of Wrath” with a mixture of outrage and pity, a novel with a stark, almost Biblical warning embedded in every page. John Ford’s classic film leans towards the sentimental, but he kept some of Steinbeck’s … Continue reading