Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- BOX OFFICE: Another "Wakanda" wipe out, "Strange World" Bombs
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Horses and Snow and Gunslingers So Slow -- "The Desperate Riders"
- Movie Review: Are Ryan, Will and Octavia "Spirited?"
- Movie Review: Daughter's Mad for Madden, and saving Dad's NFL career in "Fantasy Football"
- Classic Film Review: "School for Scoundrels," (1960) -- Brit funnymen at their funniest
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 1, 2021
I’ve seen more than a few Tony Leung films, because he’s been around a pretty long time. He was on “Hero” and “Red Cliff” and “2046” and kudos to Marvel for casting an overlooked demographic for this latest superhero tale … Continue reading
With the pandemic shutting down live performances for over a year and better-informed/cautious fans still leery of festival seating or moshing their way back into venues, alt rock/arena rock/pop rockers Shinedown decided to remind fans they’re out there — or … Continue reading
Cops, pinned down and outnumbered… But did they get vaccinated? Oct 8.
Spare, intense and deeply unnerving, “Anne at 13,000 ft” an indie drama that manages to keep the viewer on tenterhooks by concentrating on the bare essentials — an unbalanced young woman who is never more than one bad day from … Continue reading
“Saving Paradise” is another old fashioned, sentimental take on work, workplaces and their value in an America that has ceded control of such things to Wall Street, and watched as Main Street paid the price. Yes, thirty years after “Other … Continue reading
Sure, you had me at “Yakuza Princess.” But was there ever a more ponderous gangland saga set in the Japanese mafia than this? It has a novel setting – the Liberdade neighborhood of Sao Paolo, Brazil, home to the largest … Continue reading