Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review -- "Minions: The Rise of Gru" is Pure Looney Tunes
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Movie Review: "Beavis and Butthead Do the Universe" Heheheh..."Do"
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 1, 2021
I’ve seen more than a few Tony Leung films, because he’s been around a pretty long time. He was on “Hero” and “Red Cliff” and “2046” and kudos to Marvel for casting an overlooked demographic for this latest superhero tale … Continue reading
With the pandemic shutting down live performances for over a year and better-informed/cautious fans still leery of festival seating or moshing their way back into venues, alt rock/arena rock/pop rockers Shinedown decided to remind fans they’re out there — or … Continue reading
Cops, pinned down and outnumbered… But did they get vaccinated? Oct 8.
Spare, intense and deeply unnerving, “Anne at 13,000 ft” an indie drama that manages to keep the viewer on tenterhooks by concentrating on the bare essentials — an unbalanced young woman who is never more than one bad day from … Continue reading
“Saving Paradise” is another old fashioned, sentimental take on work, workplaces and their value in an America that has ceded control of such things to Wall Street, and watched as Main Street paid the price. Yes, thirty years after “Other … Continue reading
Sure, you had me at “Yakuza Princess.” But was there ever a more ponderous gangland saga set in the Japanese mafia than this? It has a novel setting – the Liberdade neighborhood of Sao Paolo, Brazil, home to the largest … Continue reading