Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
- The lowly Chevy Nova finally has its (movie, TV) moment?
- Movie Review: Leisurely "Goodbye Honey" proves again that there's no such thing as a "slack" thriller
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Preview: The dystopia is further in the future than Twitter suggests --"2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: Hyped "A Better Life" is just a pale imitation of "Bicycle Thieves"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 19, 2021
“Together Together” is an offbeat comedy that sets out to redefine “intimacy” for a “woke” and lonely age. A pre-pandemic romantic/”unromantic” comedy, it has the currency of a Woody Allen takedown and a clever way of warily circling any notion … Continue reading
Simi Liu is the lead but Awkwafina, Michelle geog and Tony Leung are a lot more familiar to Western audiences.
The images are impressive, as you’d expect in any new nature doc about the giants of the sea. But the behaviors observed and revelations about whale “language,” “culture,” knowledge passed-down, generation to generation, expressions of curiosity, “love” and “grief” are … Continue reading
Staid, stiff and stately history, “Queen Marie,” titled “Queen Marie of Romania” in Europe, plays like a lesser installment of “Masterpiece Theatre,” a reminder that not everything in costume and ripped from the pages of royal history is a “masterpiece.” … Continue reading