Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Norwegians serve up "Jaws" with Claws in "Viking Wolf"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? "Infiesto" -- A Piquant Pandemic Police Procedural from Spain
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? Documentary "Pamela" gives Anderson a chance at Her Side of "A Love Story"
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Movie Review: Dave Bautista tries not to scare the kid with his "Knock at the Cabin"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 19, 2021
“Together Together” is an offbeat comedy that sets out to redefine “intimacy” for a “woke” and lonely age. A pre-pandemic romantic/”unromantic” comedy, it has the currency of a Woody Allen takedown and a clever way of warily circling any notion … Continue reading
Simi Liu is the lead but Awkwafina, Michelle geog and Tony Leung are a lot more familiar to Western audiences.
The images are impressive, as you’d expect in any new nature doc about the giants of the sea. But the behaviors observed and revelations about whale “language,” “culture,” knowledge passed-down, generation to generation, expressions of curiosity, “love” and “grief” are … Continue reading
Staid, stiff and stately history, “Queen Marie,” titled “Queen Marie of Romania” in Europe, plays like a lesser installment of “Masterpiece Theatre,” a reminder that not everything in costume and ripped from the pages of royal history is a “masterpiece.” … Continue reading