Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Lovely-to-look-at-"Luca" is for tiny bambinos
- Classic Film Review: Young Frankenheimer's "The Young Savages" (1961)
- Movie Review: Hell's in Kentucky thanks to "The Devil Below"
- Movie Review: "Dutch" is a gangland saga that's no treat
- Movie Review: Lovecraft's "The Deep Ones" done on the cheap
- Netflixable: If you cross Max, payback can be "Xtreme (Extremo)"
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Documentary Review: An "Unsolved Mystery" solved? "An Unknown Compelling Force" looks at the Dyatlov Pass Incident
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 8, 2021
“Keeping the Bees” is a Turkish drama set in the little-filmed northeastern region of the country, in the southern edges of the Caucasus Mountains. It’s a downbeat parable about a local woman (Meryem Uzerli) who comes home from Germany, where … Continue reading
Is the world rediscovering a lost masterpiece as it flocks (via Netflix) back to “Waterworld?” Maybe that’s going a bit far, but revisiting this film, which I found fun and often thrilling upon its initial release, is a reminder of … Continue reading
Writer-director Neil Burger (“The Illusionist,” “Divergent”) serves up a great big “Lord of the Flies in Space” sci-fi allegory in “Voyagers,” a bleak thriller about human nature’s toxic side, unleashed on a long space voyage. It’s not terrible, but it’s … Continue reading
Hey, you can’t say you weren’t warned. I mean, it’s right there in the title. Broadway star, “Star Search” alumnus and LP-selling machine Sam Harris looked back over his greasepaint spattered life and recognized what anybody who makes it in … Continue reading
One of the featured screenings at this year’s Florida Film Festival is an April 18 showing of the David Lynch classic “Blue Velvet.” Will I see you there, at Maitland’s Enzian theater? Will Isabella see you? Because we’re doing a … Continue reading