Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Netflixable? "Silver Skates" is a lovely bore set in Tsarist Russia
- Movie Review: Sad teen wishes he could "Just Say Goodbye"
- Movie Review: Lovely-to-look-at-"Luca" is for tiny bambinos
- Movie Review: Hell's in Kentucky thanks to "The Devil Below"
- Documentary Review: BFFs since childhood, transitioning as adults -- "Jack & Yaya"
- Netflixable? "Dancing Queens" is a Swedish drag
- Movie Review: Lovecraft's "The Deep Ones" done on the cheap
- Movie Review: "Umrika" sadly reminds one of the America the rest of the world used to see
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 27, 2021
You’d have to go back — WAY back — to find a New York tale as sweet and uplifting as “The Outside Story.” It’s the cinema’s first bon bon of 2021, a slight but unexpected delight. Writer-director Casimir Nozkowski’s debut … Continue reading
Here’s a fun little cover-up-a-killing thriller set in the cutthroat subculture of board games and their creation. “Murder Bury Win” sports a few flashes of wit and some engaging characters, but lacks the pacing and punchiness that might have put … Continue reading
The phrase “sullen teen” doesn’t know borders and has symptoms one can recognize anywhere on Earth. The frown is there just to break up the monotony of the omnipresent scowl. “Please” and “thank you” are the hardest words in any … Continue reading
I seem to recall diving into the original “Dunkirk” film, a black and white epic made in 1958, and never getting very far into it. As war movies go, it’s a drab, formulaic affair, even by the “Longest Day” standards … Continue reading