Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Netflixable? "Silver Skates" is a lovely bore set in Tsarist Russia
- Movie Review: Sad teen wishes he could "Just Say Goodbye"
- Movie Review: Lovely-to-look-at-"Luca" is for tiny bambinos
- Movie Review: Hell's in Kentucky thanks to "The Devil Below"
- Documentary Review: BFFs since childhood, transitioning as adults -- "Jack & Yaya"
- Netflixable? "Dancing Queens" is a Swedish drag
- Movie Review: Lovecraft's "The Deep Ones" done on the cheap
- Movie Review: "Umrika" sadly reminds one of the America the rest of the world used to see
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 24, 2021
The final film of Japanese director Nobuhiko Ôbayashi is meant to be a sweeping, playful three hour survey of Japanese culture, history and militarism as seen through its movies — a “Labyrinth of Cinema.” He cast actors as local film … Continue reading
New Line/Warner Brothers put some money on the screen for their latest attempt at making “Mortal Kombat” a big screen thing. A $9 million Friday suggests that paid off. Fans are on track to make it at $25-$30 million hit … Continue reading
At his hit TV-show peak and just after, the most interesting things attached to Jerry Seinfeld were products of his wealth — how rich he was, how he could afford that vast and growing car collection, the romantic predicaments he … Continue reading