Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Netflixable? "Silver Skates" is a lovely bore set in Tsarist Russia
- Movie Review: Sad teen wishes he could "Just Say Goodbye"
- Movie Review: Lovely-to-look-at-"Luca" is for tiny bambinos
- Documentary Review: BFFs since childhood, transitioning as adults -- "Jack & Yaya"
- Movie Review: Hell's in Kentucky thanks to "The Devil Below"
- Netflixable? "Dancing Queens" is a Swedish drag
- Movie Review: Lovecraft's "The Deep Ones" done on the cheap
- Movie Review -- "F9: The Fast Saga"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 23, 2021
Gaslighting or Alzheimer’s? Possessed or worse? A title speaks volumes in this May 21 release.
You may think you’ve seen every pull-out-all-the-stops, spend all the money, make-a-laugh-a-minute romps the cinema had to offer in the “Mad Mad Mad World,” “Italian Job” ’60s and “Silent Movie” to “1941” ’70s. But if you’ve missed the French farce … Continue reading
Almost everything the great Chinese director Zhang Yimou touches takes on the feel of an “epic.” So if the director of “House of Flying Daggers,” “The Great Wall,” “Hero” and “Flowers of War” turns his camera towards the Spy Game, … Continue reading
Epic in scale, graphic in violence, the latest attempt to turn the video game “Mortal Kombat” into a movie has the air of “This time we mean business” about it. The effects are state-of-the-art, and a blood-spurting, kid-killing prologue punches … Continue reading