Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Trashy, dull "For the Love of Money" lets singers take a shot at acting
- Netflixable? French comedy "Spoiled Brats (Pourris gâtés)" doesn't "Teach them a lesson"
- Netflixable? Sad to say, "Father Christmas Is Back"
- Classic Film Review: Caron and kids treat Cary Grant as "Father Goose"
- Movie Review: Joaquin Phoenix as baby-sitter, "C'mon C'mon"
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: "Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City" misses by a Milla
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Movie Review: Lost Aussie Children in the Cane Country by "Sweet River"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 16, 2021
Movie Preview: An All-star Cast brings a Depression era Football Tale to the screen — “12 Mighty Orphans”
It’s one of those pieces of early football history, like the legends of Pop Warner and Jim Thorpe and Knute Rockne and “The Gipper.” “12 Mighty Orphans” recalls a Depression Era football team of over-achievers from a Texas orphanage. Like … Continue reading
The dark Swiss chocolate analogy fits the Swiss comedy “My Wonderful Wanda” to a T, a bitter, wincing farce with an aftertaste that leaves you with a smile. Death and new life, cultural prejudices and that Swiss obsession with money … Continue reading
Today on “Escape to Horror Country,” we visit a haunted parsonage in Essex, a manor house that in a prior life, was home to a burned-out Christian sect, and the period perfect setting for “The Banishing,” a pre-war British period … Continue reading
It’s coming to Amazon Prime in mid May. Perhaps Amazon will have stopped advertising on Tucker Carlson’s racist, treasonous TV show ny then.