Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Netflixable? A New, Animated Musical -- "Scrooge: A Christmas Carol"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Taming "Lady Chatterley's Lover"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: Smart House/Murder Mansion, "Margaux"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Netflixable? Sicilian hitman and his daughter hunt his hunters -- "My Name is Vendetta"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 3, 2021
The meaningless “mashing meat” that sex is reduced to for prostitutes is ably illustrated in “Madame Claude,” a slow and soulless French biography of France’s most infamous modern “madame” — Fernande Grudent. Serve up enough “mechanical,” mercenary intercourse and gratuitous … Continue reading
It’s distressing, but not the least bit shocking, to realize that the “casting couch” is Hollywood’s ugliest “gift” to world cinema. The Taiwanese thriller “Nina Wu” is a surreal take on how such a practice might impact and trigger the … Continue reading
Here it is. A first look. It’s a kids’ movie with ballers, and from the looks of this, can’t be any worse than the original.