Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: A deep dive into Sugar Baby Life -- "Sugar Daddy"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 3, 2021
The meaningless “mashing meat” that sex is reduced to for prostitutes is ably illustrated in “Madame Claude,” a slow and soulless French biography of France’s most infamous modern “madame” — Fernande Grudent. Serve up enough “mechanical,” mercenary intercourse and gratuitous … Continue reading
It’s distressing, but not the least bit shocking, to realize that the “casting couch” is Hollywood’s ugliest “gift” to world cinema. The Taiwanese thriller “Nina Wu” is a surreal take on how such a practice might impact and trigger the … Continue reading
Here it is. A first look. It’s a kids’ movie with ballers, and from the looks of this, can’t be any worse than the original.