Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Landmark Film Review: "The Killing Floor," a classic of Labor and African American cinema, newly restored
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 6, 2021
A couple rents a little vacation getaway in a state-of-the-art secure house out in the country, and find themselves locked in it forced to reckon with their brittle marriage in “Held,” a tame and tentative thriller that turns tense only … Continue reading
It’s Tom Clancy’s “Without Remorse,” so naturally the guy hunting down the people who killed his wife is a Navy SEAL. And there’s a big old conspiracy at the heart of this April 30 Amazon release.
So, how many Dutchwomen and Dutchmen does it take to script a romantic comedy? Based solely on “Just Say ‘Yes,” the answer is “six” and the response to that is “It wasn’t enough.” This generally-lifeless, mostly-haphazard wedding-centric rom-com wanders across … Continue reading
Jerking a character suddenly out of the frame has been a horror movie staple for years now. There’s nothing more chilling than an abrupt vanishing carried out right before our us, a victim, wild-eyed with terror, ripped away into the … Continue reading
It takes a few minutes to get past the feeling that “Here Are the Young Men” isn’t a simplistic “Trainspotting” homage, some sort of boys-come-of-age, generationally-indulgent wank with an Irish accent. The characters are “types” — the rebellious lad entering … Continue reading