Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Netflixable? Thai College Kids go "Deep" in search of no sleep
- Documentary Review: The "Conjuring" house goes AirBnB -- "The Sleepless Unrest"
- Movie Review: M. Night's "Surprise!" act gets "Old"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 6, 2021
A couple rents a little vacation getaway in a state-of-the-art secure house out in the country, and find themselves locked in it forced to reckon with their brittle marriage in “Held,” a tame and tentative thriller that turns tense only … Continue reading
It’s Tom Clancy’s “Without Remorse,” so naturally the guy hunting down the people who killed his wife is a Navy SEAL. And there’s a big old conspiracy at the heart of this April 30 Amazon release.
So, how many Dutchwomen and Dutchmen does it take to script a romantic comedy? Based solely on “Just Say ‘Yes,” the answer is “six” and the response to that is “It wasn’t enough.” This generally-lifeless, mostly-haphazard wedding-centric rom-com wanders across … Continue reading
Jerking a character suddenly out of the frame has been a horror movie staple for years now. There’s nothing more chilling than an abrupt vanishing carried out right before our us, a victim, wild-eyed with terror, ripped away into the … Continue reading
It takes a few minutes to get past the feeling that “Here Are the Young Men” isn’t a simplistic “Trainspotting” homage, some sort of boys-come-of-age, generationally-indulgent wank with an Irish accent. The characters are “types” — the rebellious lad entering … Continue reading