Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Series Review: "Frank of Ireland" indulges the Gleeson Brothers
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 6, 2021
A couple rents a little vacation getaway in a state-of-the-art secure house out in the country, and find themselves locked in it forced to reckon with their brittle marriage in “Held,” a tame and tentative thriller that turns tense only … Continue reading
It’s Tom Clancy’s “Without Remorse,” so naturally the guy hunting down the people who killed his wife is a Navy SEAL. And there’s a big old conspiracy at the heart of this April 30 Amazon release.
So, how many Dutchwomen and Dutchmen does it take to script a romantic comedy? Based solely on “Just Say ‘Yes,” the answer is “six” and the response to that is “It wasn’t enough.” This generally-lifeless, mostly-haphazard wedding-centric rom-com wanders across … Continue reading
Jerking a character suddenly out of the frame has been a horror movie staple for years now. There’s nothing more chilling than an abrupt vanishing carried out right before our us, a victim, wild-eyed with terror, ripped away into the … Continue reading
It takes a few minutes to get past the feeling that “Here Are the Young Men” isn’t a simplistic “Trainspotting” homage, some sort of boys-come-of-age, generationally-indulgent wank with an Irish accent. The characters are “types” — the rebellious lad entering … Continue reading