Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? On the market, and ready for a lowball offer -- "Hostage House"
- Movie Review: Never bet against "Notorious Nick" in the Octagon
- Movie Review: A Different "Suicide Squad," a Lot More Laughs, and Slaughter
- Movie Preview: "A Savage Nature" is a "true story" mass murder drama
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Movie Review: A murder unsolved, a romance tested -- "The Violent Heart"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 14, 2021
Perhaps you remember the 1986 Harrison Ford, Helen Mirren and River Phoenix movie “The Mosquito Coast,” about an American family caught up in the “self-reliance” genius and mania of a father who decides to shed the corrosive culture of ’80s … Continue reading
It does nobody any favors to fixate on “Did teen Angie survive the car crash or are we watching her ghost?” in “My True Fairytale.” It’s entirely too obvious, no matter how much doubt writer-director D. Mitry tries to sew. … Continue reading
A child’s quest to find a mythic figure who can save his mother, Oyelowo directed and stars in this May 7 release.
“Tu me manques” was Bolivia’s best hope for a Best International Feature Oscar nomination this year. It’s a drama about the creation of the play it was based on, a fictionalized account of the playwright’s loss of a lover to … Continue reading