Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
- The lowly Chevy Nova finally has its (movie, TV) moment?
- Movie Review: Leisurely "Goodbye Honey" proves again that there's no such thing as a "slack" thriller
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Preview: The dystopia is further in the future than Twitter suggests --"2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: Hyped "A Better Life" is just a pale imitation of "Bicycle Thieves"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 14, 2021
Perhaps you remember the 1986 Harrison Ford, Helen Mirren and River Phoenix movie “The Mosquito Coast,” about an American family caught up in the “self-reliance” genius and mania of a father who decides to shed the corrosive culture of ’80s … Continue reading
It does nobody any favors to fixate on “Did teen Angie survive the car crash or are we watching her ghost?” in “My True Fairytale.” It’s entirely too obvious, no matter how much doubt writer-director D. Mitry tries to sew. … Continue reading
A child’s quest to find a mythic figure who can save his mother, Oyelowo directed and stars in this May 7 release.
“Tu me manques” was Bolivia’s best hope for a Best International Feature Oscar nomination this year. It’s a drama about the creation of the play it was based on, a fictionalized account of the playwright’s loss of a lover to … Continue reading