Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Laughs are hard to find in this Spanish "Perfect Family (La familia perfecta)"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Rebel Wilson has her "Senior Year" moment
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: Lost Aussie Children in the Cane Country by "Sweet River"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? Poland's "The Getaway King (Najmro)" has style, wit and panache
- Netflixable? A Soapy Sex Triangle from India in shades of "Cobalt Blue"
- Movie Review: Chinese and in Japan? He'll never fit in without "Complicity"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 14, 2021
Perhaps you remember the 1986 Harrison Ford, Helen Mirren and River Phoenix movie “The Mosquito Coast,” about an American family caught up in the “self-reliance” genius and mania of a father who decides to shed the corrosive culture of ’80s … Continue reading
It does nobody any favors to fixate on “Did teen Angie survive the car crash or are we watching her ghost?” in “My True Fairytale.” It’s entirely too obvious, no matter how much doubt writer-director D. Mitry tries to sew. … Continue reading
A child’s quest to find a mythic figure who can save his mother, Oyelowo directed and stars in this May 7 release.
“Tu me manques” was Bolivia’s best hope for a Best International Feature Oscar nomination this year. It’s a drama about the creation of the play it was based on, a fictionalized account of the playwright’s loss of a lover to … Continue reading