Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: "Don't Worry Darling," it'll all be over soon
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Workplace Ditzes in the Zoom Meeting era -- "Out of Office"
- Movie Review: Antonio Banderas classes up "The Enforcer"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Smart House/Murder Mansion, "Margaux"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 20, 2021
Of all the ways the folks north of the border could have approached the story of a 1970s marijuana-use-and-its-consequences study, why’d they take the “Lifetime Original Movie” tack? “The Marijuana Conspiracy” could have been an over-the-top “outrage” tale, with a … Continue reading
Yeah, he’s just started his “comeback,” thanks to “Together Together.” And he’s taking stands, too.
Here you go. July 23, Ted’s back on the…pitch.
We first glimpse Zenia’s “gift,” his “super-power,” when he interviews for a work permit with a Polish bureaucrat, the first person we hear make a joke about where the young man is from. “Pripyat? Near Chernobyl? Perhaps you’re radioactive!” Others … Continue reading
Cypress trees in their grey winter garb, moss and rust-covered RVs, McMansions and omnipresent double-wides show off Greater Tampa to accurate effect in “Painkiller,” a thriller about the opioid epidemic, those who profit from from and a murderous “avenger” out … Continue reading
An arresting setting, funereal tone and solid performances don’t wholly atone for a script that’s thin on frights or suspense in the Aussie thriller “Sweet River.” It’s about lost children and adults who die supernatural deaths when they try to … Continue reading