Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Trashy, dull "For the Love of Money" lets singers take a shot at acting
- Netflixable? French comedy "Spoiled Brats (Pourris gâtés)" doesn't "Teach them a lesson"
- Netflixable? Sad to say, "Father Christmas Is Back"
- Classic Film Review: Caron and kids treat Cary Grant as "Father Goose"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Joaquin Phoenix as baby-sitter, "C'mon C'mon"
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: "Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City" misses by a Milla
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Movie Review: Lost Aussie Children in the Cane Country by "Sweet River"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 13, 2021
Barry Pepper makes the best of a rare leading man turn in “Trigger Point,” a predictable if efficient assassin “gone to ground” thriller filmed in end-of-winter Ontario. He’s been credible as a man of violence since before “Saving Private Ryan,” … Continue reading
This one gets a limited theatrical release in the us on April 30.
“Monday” is a “lost weekend” romance, something so obvious a one of the main characters uses the phrase at his most blitzed. It’s a love affair that walks on eggshells for the better part of two hours, two people with … Continue reading
The only thing keeping every member of the cast of “Game of Thrones” from having her or his own movie to star in is a lack of chutzpah in the outliers’ agents. Eugene Simon, once Lancel Lannister on TV, is … Continue reading
Movie Preview: “Hitman’s Wife’s Bodyguard” serves up Ryan Reynolds, Samuel L. Jackson and Salma Hayek this time
Yes, it’s a sequel. You remember that sassy, silly violent action comedy Samuel L joined @vancityreynolds for back in the early days of RR’s gin peddling days? This summer’s installment adds Salma and her brand of murderous sass. “Hitman’s Wife’s … Continue reading
It doesn’t take much effort to sympathize with Turquoise Jones. She’s not just a single mom struggling to keep a hormonal teen in line. She’s not just a working woman who needs two jobs to cover their bills, not just … Continue reading