Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
- The lowly Chevy Nova finally has its (movie, TV) moment?
- Movie Review: Leisurely "Goodbye Honey" proves again that there's no such thing as a "slack" thriller
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Preview: The dystopia is further in the future than Twitter suggests --"2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: Hyped "A Better Life" is just a pale imitation of "Bicycle Thieves"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 22, 2021
Any history of TV’s landmark children’s series “Sesame Street” is going to have Muppets and songs, a lot of laughs and a few tears, and every letter of the alphabet — over and over again. Marilyn Agrelo’s warm and sentimental … Continue reading
Agoraphobia is about to be the new…Asperger’s? May 31.
Just so we’re clear, please do NOT pass the ketchup. There’ll be no eating right after “Death Ranch,” and certainly no red meats or anything that comes with French fries. Here’s an old-fashioned grindhouse “splatter” film, with blood and entrails, … Continue reading
If it wasn’t for Youtube, you’d have a helluva time convincing anybody under the age of 30 that Tiny Tim existed, or even could have existed. Androgynous ahead of his time, with a trilling falsetto that could crack glass, style … Continue reading
His charitable acts and blasts of largesse are well documented, using his wealth to help, aid and make statements for civil and human rights and simple civility. His efforts particularly stand out during the pandemic, especially in his native Georgia … Continue reading