Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Preview: A lot of stars swirl down the drain of "American Night"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Classic Film Review: Sentimental, with an Edge -- "The Olive Trees of Justice" (1962) takes us back to Algeria just before Independence
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 4, 2021
My money’s on Christopher Walken. I mean, he’s got Christina Ricci and Zach Braff in his corner in this April 30 release, based on a true story. https://youtu.be/PVK_Ol3VFa0
A big weekend for the big fellas, King Kong and Godzilla, $32.5 million. A big opening week, over $48 million. Big turnout at IMAX theaters, over $4.5 million in tickets sold. That makes Kongzilla the biggest movie of 2021 already. … Continue reading
“The Last Right” is an Irish comedy of no great consequence and endless charm. A road picture with an engaging cast traversing the length of Ireland wrapped in wintry grey, it plays as cinematic comfort food — cute people on … Continue reading