Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Landmark Film Review: "The Killing Floor," a classic of Labor and African American cinema, newly restored
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Netflixable? Cop digs into gay murders in 1980s Poland, and a cover-up -- "Operation Hyacinth"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 4, 2021
My money’s on Christopher Walken. I mean, he’s got Christina Ricci and Zach Braff in his corner in this April 30 release, based on a true story. https://youtu.be/PVK_Ol3VFa0
A big weekend for the big fellas, King Kong and Godzilla, $32.5 million. A big opening week, over $48 million. Big turnout at IMAX theaters, over $4.5 million in tickets sold. That makes Kongzilla the biggest movie of 2021 already. … Continue reading
“The Last Right” is an Irish comedy of no great consequence and endless charm. A road picture with an engaging cast traversing the length of Ireland wrapped in wintry grey, it plays as cinematic comfort food — cute people on … Continue reading