Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Landmark Film Review: "The Killing Floor," a classic of Labor and African American cinema, newly restored
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 5, 2021
A new one from the director of “Wanted.” “New” meaning filmed in 2018, and a no name cast and a May 14 release.
You might remember this little Kickstarter-funded feel good story of a few years back. Two Providence, Rhode Island “bros,” both born with Down’s Syndrome, rally their families, the city and some movie biz folks to make a movie they conceived … Continue reading
A farm, an accident, a community tries to rally. It’s not easy work, not that safe either. OSHA isn’t around, and farmers? They take risky shortcuts like everybody else. “Silo” comes our way from Oscilloscope Labs (a mark…of EXCELLENCE) on … Continue reading
“Sky High” aka “Hasta el Cielo” is a generic Spanish “gangster’s rise and fall, and maybe rise some more” tale with a “Fast and Furious” subtext — the cars, not the “we’re family” nonsense. A slick but seriously dull “Scarface” … Continue reading
Made this Cut for Time @nbcsnl sketch “The Hero” with @streetseidell , @mikeyfuntime and Gary Richardson! Directed by @paulbriganti Watch the full joint here:https://t.co/TYtEsymnGz pic.twitter.com/1CEwHdXFBE — Chris Redd (@Reddsaidit) April 4, 2021
We like to think the actors know good acting when they see it. And the Screen Actors Guild is the largest voting bloc in the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences. So does SAG savvy outweigh every other pre … Continue reading