Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ron Howard's "Thirteen Lives" celebrates 5,000 heroes
- That weird Golden Oldie tucked into "The Gray Man" -- "Silver Bird"
- Netflixable? German goon "Buba" has some growing up to do in this dark comedy
- Netflixable? If we "Don't Blame it on Karma! (¿Qué culpa tiene el karma?)," who DO we blame for this laughless rom-com?
- Documentary Review: A Jew searches for "My Tree," planted in Israel in his honor, and finds guilt and regret instead
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Korean Passengers and Crew face Terror at 30,000 feet -- "Emergency Declaration"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? The Further Murder Investigations of "Pipa" detour into "Recurrence"
- Netflixable? Get away from "Carter"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 5, 2021
A new one from the director of “Wanted.” “New” meaning filmed in 2018, and a no name cast and a May 14 release.
You might remember this little Kickstarter-funded feel good story of a few years back. Two Providence, Rhode Island “bros,” both born with Down’s Syndrome, rally their families, the city and some movie biz folks to make a movie they conceived … Continue reading
A farm, an accident, a community tries to rally. It’s not easy work, not that safe either. OSHA isn’t around, and farmers? They take risky shortcuts like everybody else. “Silo” comes our way from Oscilloscope Labs (a mark…of EXCELLENCE) on … Continue reading
“Sky High” aka “Hasta el Cielo” is a generic Spanish “gangster’s rise and fall, and maybe rise some more” tale with a “Fast and Furious” subtext — the cars, not the “we’re family” nonsense. A slick but seriously dull “Scarface” … Continue reading
Made this Cut for Time @nbcsnl sketch “The Hero” with @streetseidell , @mikeyfuntime and Gary Richardson! Directed by @paulbriganti Watch the full joint here:https://t.co/TYtEsymnGz pic.twitter.com/1CEwHdXFBE — Chris Redd (@Reddsaidit) April 4, 2021
We like to think the actors know good acting when they see it. And the Screen Actors Guild is the largest voting bloc in the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences. So does SAG savvy outweigh every other pre … Continue reading