Top Posts & Pages
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 6, 2020
“Get In” is a taut, troubling and topical French thriller almost utterly undone by its over-the-top finale. In movie buff shorthand, it’s a John Schlesinger’s “Pacific Heights” that devolves into Sam Peckpinpah’s “Straw Dogs” — devolves, and keeps on devolving. … Continue reading
Ever wondered how legendary screen tough-guy Charles Bronson would handle himself in a torture porn film? Me either. But wonder no more. Writer, director, cinematographer and editor Rene Perez cast a Bronson look-alike in “Cry Havoc.” He dyed Robert Bronzi’s … Continue reading
The novelty of “The Belles of St. Trinian’s” might be the sight of Alastair Sim in a dress. The cinema’s defining Ebeneezer Scrooge and a mainstay of postwar British comedies and dramas — he had the title role in the … Continue reading