Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? The Hunt for a missing sister begins with "Sara's Notebook"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "The Wrong Missy" tries to revive David Spade
- Netflixable? Survivalism's last stand hinges on "The Reliant"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Movie Review: Jean Reno, ever "The Professional," doing wet work in "Cold Blood"
- Movie Review: "M.O.M. Mothers of Monsters"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 6, 2020
“Get In” is a taut, troubling and topical French thriller almost utterly undone by its over-the-top finale. In movie buff shorthand, it’s a John Schlesinger’s “Pacific Heights” that devolves into Sam Peckpinpah’s “Straw Dogs” — devolves, and keeps on devolving. … Continue reading
Ever wondered how legendary screen tough-guy Charles Bronson would handle himself in a torture porn film? Me either. But wonder no more. Writer, director, cinematographer and editor Rene Perez cast a Bronson look-alike in “Cry Havoc.” He dyed Robert Bronzi’s … Continue reading
The novelty of “The Belles of St. Trinian’s” might be the sight of Alastair Sim in a dress. The cinema’s defining Ebeneezer Scrooge and a mainstay of postwar British comedies and dramas — he had the title role in the … Continue reading