Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Norwegians serve up "Jaws" with Claws in "Viking Wolf"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Netflixable? "Infiesto" -- A Piquant Pandemic Police Procedural from Spain
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Netflixable? Documentary "Pamela" gives Anderson a chance at Her Side of "A Love Story"
- Movie Review: Dave Bautista tries not to scare the kid with his "Knock at the Cabin"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 14, 2020
A truism at the heart of any affair or breakup is that inevitably one person makes the decision to move on and the other is shocked they weren’t “consulted.” No matter how long the warning signs have been there, no … Continue reading
As a lifelong Mario Van Peebles fan, let me take a little license as I take issue with his turn as the star of the hostage thriller, “A Clear Shot.” There’s a difference between acting the line “I’m getting too … Continue reading
Classics, international and esoteric film distributor Kino Lorber restored this 1982 Western adventure starring Richard Farnsworth. A 4K makeover for one of the best Canadian films ever.
A young opthamologist-in-training is coveted by a suicidal demolition contractor while both are treated by an on-the-spectrum therapist whom the young woman pretends to lust after in “Love is Blind,” a romantic comedy that could not be more “twee” if … Continue reading
Dreya Weber of “The Gymnast” moves on to aerial work in this romantic drama, coming to video in a couple of weeks.
A few striking images stand out in “Union Bridge,” the debut mystery thriller of writer-director Brian Levin. And he ensures we have lots of time to consider them. We soak up atmosphere on endless, pointless walks along the railroad tracks, … Continue reading