Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Series Preview: Chess, madness and sex appeal -- "The Queen’s Gambit"
- Movie Review: Does Stephen King's lawyer know about "The Luring?"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 10, 2020
Filmmaker takes 40 years to years to film and finish his documentary on the great writer. Reminds me of the stories about Henry Jaglom and Peter Bogdanovich, always recording and filming as they cozied up to Orson Welles. Will this … Continue reading
He doesn’t compose songs or write lyrics. Yet. But is there nothing this man cannot do? View this post on Instagram A love song in the age of quarantine, this is ‘ACROSS THE WAY’ from the brilliant minds of @jeaninetesori … Continue reading
A few months before “The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio” came out on film, the publisher and releasing studio (Dreamworks) sent me the book, Terry Ryan’s memoir of growing up in a dysfunctional yet functioning family in the 1950s and … Continue reading
Don’t you just hate it when a tearjerker works? The manipulation’s built-in, understood, right there in the open for you to put up your guard against. And then…dammit. Netflix put “18 Presents (18 Regali)” on its menu just in time … Continue reading
“Castle in the Ground” is the simplest of rescue parables. A young man devotes himself to saving his dying mother. And when that fails, this teen in shining armor starts using mom’s leftover painkillers. That’s what changes his focus to … Continue reading