Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Series Preview: Chess, madness and sex appeal -- "The Queen’s Gambit"
- Movie Review: Does Stephen King's lawyer know about "The Luring?"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 22, 2020
Desperation loses out to resignation in “The Lovebirds,” a flailing couple-on-the-lam comedy that pairs up Issa Rae and Kumail Nanjiani, with indifferent results. The “desperation” comes from the riffing. Maybe it’s a wild guess, but all the antic arguments, crosstalk/trash … Continue reading
Spoiler alert — Kate Nash is the ginger-haired Brit on Netflix’s “GLOW,” the hit “glamorous ladies of wrestling” dramedy series and ’80s period piece. So we know how the hard-luck story presented in “Kate Nash: Underestimate the Girl” is going … Continue reading
An optimistic take on what can be done to make Earth more livable in 20 years? We could all use that right about now. Carbon sequestering, smarter farming practices, “empowering girls,” “2040” and its Aussie creators insist “We have everything … Continue reading
The visual choices writer-director Mary McGuckian made in creating “The Price of Desire” vie with the dramatic ones in a to-the-death fight over “How this movie was ruined?” It’s a precious, obscure and emotionally flat melodrama about furniture designer and … Continue reading
Vanity Fair talked the lad into it. Not as dirty as you’d hope.
Yeah, THIS is the movie that should reopen cinemas. Young Mr. Washington holds his owning the action beats, effects and formidable supporting cast.