Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review -- "Minions: The Rise of Gru" is Pure Looney Tunes
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Movie Review: "Beavis and Butthead Do the Universe" Heheheh..."Do"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Movie Review: Stallone is back on the beat with "Backtrace"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 26, 2020
“Driven” is the sort of comic thriller you root for, but one you’re hoping turns out better than it does. It’s “Collateral” in a ride-share, “Collateral” meets oh — “Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” even though the supernatural menace isn’t vampires. … Continue reading
Hard to believe Scott Derrickson got his start with “The Exorcism of Emily Rose.” I mean, it was a fine film, but who knew he’d be an effects driven blockbuster king? This sequel idea has been around for years. Jim … Continue reading
Here are the two jokes that work in “Rebelión de los Godínez (Mutiny of the Worker Bees),” an antic piñata colored-workplace farce from Mexico. The hero, played by Gustavo Egelhaaf, has just asked a pretty office mate (Anna Carreiro) to … Continue reading
Broadly-acted, brutally boring and downright bizarre, “The Accompanist” lands like a 7-chord pounded with a sledgehammer. It’s a romantic mystery that ineptly blends ballet, an abusive relationship and the supernatural, often with groan-out-loud effect. Writer-director and star Frederick Keeve is … Continue reading
“Scheduling conflicts” forced the very busy Nicholas Hoult (“The Great”) to give up the bad guy lead in “MI:7.” Esai Morales, dazzling as the first heavy on Netflix’s “Ozark,” makes an apt replacement. https://t.co/4A8ouBqKAA https://twitter.com/THR/status/1265161264701083648?s=20