Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Norwegians serve up "Jaws" with Claws in "Viking Wolf"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Netflixable? "Infiesto" -- A Piquant Pandemic Police Procedural from Spain
- Movie Review: Dave Bautista tries not to scare the kid with his "Knock at the Cabin"
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Netflixable? Documentary "Pamela" gives Anderson a chance at Her Side of "A Love Story"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 26, 2020
“Driven” is the sort of comic thriller you root for, but one you’re hoping turns out better than it does. It’s “Collateral” in a ride-share, “Collateral” meets oh — “Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” even though the supernatural menace isn’t vampires. … Continue reading
Hard to believe Scott Derrickson got his start with “The Exorcism of Emily Rose.” I mean, it was a fine film, but who knew he’d be an effects driven blockbuster king? This sequel idea has been around for years. Jim … Continue reading
Here are the two jokes that work in “Rebelión de los Godínez (Mutiny of the Worker Bees),” an antic piñata colored-workplace farce from Mexico. The hero, played by Gustavo Egelhaaf, has just asked a pretty office mate (Anna Carreiro) to … Continue reading
Broadly-acted, brutally boring and downright bizarre, “The Accompanist” lands like a 7-chord pounded with a sledgehammer. It’s a romantic mystery that ineptly blends ballet, an abusive relationship and the supernatural, often with groan-out-loud effect. Writer-director and star Frederick Keeve is … Continue reading
“Scheduling conflicts” forced the very busy Nicholas Hoult (“The Great”) to give up the bad guy lead in “MI:7.” Esai Morales, dazzling as the first heavy on Netflix’s “Ozark,” makes an apt replacement. https://t.co/4A8ouBqKAA https://twitter.com/THR/status/1265161264701083648?s=20