Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Movie Review: Suffering from Amnesia, trying to rebuild the last "32 Weeks"
- Movie Review: Big names don't quite rescue "Mothers and Daughters"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 2, 2020
You think you know Jeffrey Wright, character actor extraordinaire. Yeah, he’s James Bond’s cynical, wry CIA intermediary Felix Leiter. He plays the guy who runs “Westworld” — a real technocrat. Cops, scientists, government officials, family men, men in suits. Even … Continue reading
If Helen Mirren was the only choice to play the older, ruthless and legendarily libidinous Catherine the Great, Empress of Russia, for HBO, how bold it is to give us Elle Fanning in a “How she got that way” series, … Continue reading