Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Series Preview: Chess, madness and sex appeal -- "The Queen’s Gambit"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Movie Review: Does Stephen King's lawyer know about "The Luring?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 15, 2020
Everybody’s got a story of when we first recognized the addiction — usually other people’s and not our own. A concert where phone alerts interrupted the music, church, classrooms overrun with teens unable to keep the screen out of sight. … Continue reading
Suicides that might be…murders? Shawn Ashmore, Daniella Alonso, Gary Cole and Lin Shaye are the names in the cast. June 12.
Hallucinogenic drugs such as LSD and mescaline, the active ingredient in Peyote, aren’t addictive. They don’t kill people. And in studies, only now being renewed after decades of criminalization, they show promise in helping with anxiety, depression and other forms … Continue reading
“Proximity” is an alien abduction thriller that’s more about the time travel. The look, the paranoid vibe and the music scream “late ’80s,” and seeing as how it’s from a guy whose visual effects credits include “Tron: Legacy” and “Stranger … Continue reading
A little moving picture history was made this week. Tiny little also-ran independent Vertical Entertainment, which won the Tom Hardy/Linda Cardellini/Matt Dillon”Capone” biopic pretty much by default, is at the top of the current iteration of The Box Office. It’s … Continue reading
The star had been a stunt man for most of his career, and an occasional bit player. The rest of the cast was the very definition of “unheralded” at least in Hollywood. The screenwriter is mostly forgotten, with no other … Continue reading