Top Posts & Pages
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: Canadian College kids discover the horrors of "Halloween Party"
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Netflixable? Cop digs into gay murders in 1980s Poland, and a cover-up -- "Operation Hyacinth"
- Movie Review: If only they'd remembered Harvey Keitel is "Lansky"
- Movie Review: Even Swedes fret over their neighbors -- "The Evil Next Door"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 15, 2020
Everybody’s got a story of when we first recognized the addiction — usually other people’s and not our own. A concert where phone alerts interrupted the music, church, classrooms overrun with teens unable to keep the screen out of sight. … Continue reading
Suicides that might be…murders? Shawn Ashmore, Daniella Alonso, Gary Cole and Lin Shaye are the names in the cast. June 12.
Hallucinogenic drugs such as LSD and mescaline, the active ingredient in Peyote, aren’t addictive. They don’t kill people. And in studies, only now being renewed after decades of criminalization, they show promise in helping with anxiety, depression and other forms … Continue reading
“Proximity” is an alien abduction thriller that’s more about the time travel. The look, the paranoid vibe and the music scream “late ’80s,” and seeing as how it’s from a guy whose visual effects credits include “Tron: Legacy” and “Stranger … Continue reading
A little moving picture history was made this week. Tiny little also-ran independent Vertical Entertainment, which won the Tom Hardy/Linda Cardellini/Matt Dillon”Capone” biopic pretty much by default, is at the top of the current iteration of The Box Office. It’s … Continue reading
The star had been a stunt man for most of his career, and an occasional bit player. The rest of the cast was the very definition of “unheralded” at least in Hollywood. The screenwriter is mostly forgotten, with no other … Continue reading