Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Polyamorous and Bi, she lives for "Lust Life Love" and in that order
- Movie Review: "Halloween Kills," Halloween dies
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Review: "Tiptoes," a title that shall live...in infamy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 28, 2020
Movie Preview: “VIENA AND THE FANTOMES” puts Dakota Fanning on the road with ’80s punks such as Zoë Kravitz
Caleb Landry Jones and others co star in this taste of the roadie life during the punk era.
Some thrillers work simply by hewing closely to the Thriller Rules. Don’t waste our time. Pacing equals “urgency” and urgency is what makes the pulse pound. Raise the stakes and keep them high. Give us twists we never see coming. … Continue reading
A moral dilemma in a pregnancy is the heart of this pregnancy and possible parenthood drama, finding out a baby you’re carrying has Down Syndrome. This one comes out in late June.
Documentary Preview: Seeking answers to social ills by visiting Russell Brand, and others — “Chasing the Present”
This Mark Waters film comes out Sept. 20, and features Russell Brand, Marina Abramovic , Alex Grey, Graham Hancock, Gary Weber, Rupert Spira, Sharon Salzberg, Joseph Goldstein and Matthew Watherston.
You can search the Internet, high and low, for a profile of filmmaker Abel Ferrara that doesn’t use the word “maverick.” He’s made it his brand, probably using it about himself and in press releases like the late U.S. Senator … Continue reading
Charlotte Clymer 🏳️🌈 (@cmclymer) Tweeted: Aaron Sorkin writing Mark Zuckerberg as a power hungry, morally bankrupt sociopath in “The Social Network” is probably the best thing he ever did. https://twitter.com/cmclymer/status/1265825677401624578?s=20