Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "Photocopier" reminds us that in Indonesia and elsewhere, the Revolution will not be Televised
- Netflixable? "The Royal Treatment," a haircut with dull scissors
- Movie Review: "Umrika" sadly reminds one of the America the rest of the world used to see
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 19, 2020
About six minutes into “Funny Pain,” a stand-ups-talk-about-stand-up documentary focused on Wendi Starling, I thought — “Wait, did she die? Is that what this is, a tribute?” The Jorgy Cruz film is slap-dash, and seems locked in on Wendi’s life … Continue reading