Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Suffering from Amnesia, trying to rebuild the last "32 Weeks"
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Netflixable? On the road in India, with nothing but "Liar's Dice" to rely on
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 19, 2020
About six minutes into “Funny Pain,” a stand-ups-talk-about-stand-up documentary focused on Wendi Starling, I thought — “Wait, did she die? Is that what this is, a tribute?” The Jorgy Cruz film is slap-dash, and seems locked in on Wendi’s life … Continue reading