Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review -- "Skin: A History of Nudity in the Movies"
- Movie Preview: Shia wears his Sunglasses at night as "The Tax Collector"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 20, 2020
Movie Preview: Animated”STARDOG AND TURBOCAT” has the voices of Charli D’Amelio, Luke Evans, Bill Nighy
No Pixar pics during the pandemic, no Sony or DreamWorks. No interest in SCOOB!” What do you think? Should I review this one? Live that Bill Nighy
Documentary Review: The strange relationship that develops between “The Paint and the Thief” who robbed her
One day in 2015, two men went into Oslo’s Galleri Nobel and stole two large photorealistic paintings by Barbora Kysilkova, a lightly-regarded Czech emigre newly-settled in Norway. There was surveillance footage of the crime, one guy in a hoodie, the … Continue reading
Truth be told, “End of Sentence” doesn’t get you, straight out of the gate. It’s downbeat, and the father-son rift acted out by Logan Lerman and John Hawkes feels contrived, more something dictated by the script and the near archetypes … Continue reading
Sweet Variety piece on director Lynn Shelton, getting close to her special contributions to indie cinema. https://t.co/K42GGS1zci https://t.co/llvNZjsYLj https://twitter.com/Variety_Film/status/1263112382462611457?s=20
You probably wrote their ad campaign, just based on the headline. “You check, but you never check out.” Very “Hotel California,” in Europe. Without the “f—–g Eagles, man.” A June 12 release.
Netflix puts Steve Carell in charge of “Space Force ” Seems so right.