Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Series Preview: Chess, madness and sex appeal -- "The Queen’s Gambit"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Movie Review: Does Stephen King's lawyer know about "The Luring?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 20, 2020
Movie Preview: Animated”STARDOG AND TURBOCAT” has the voices of Charli D’Amelio, Luke Evans, Bill Nighy
No Pixar pics during the pandemic, no Sony or DreamWorks. No interest in SCOOB!” What do you think? Should I review this one? Live that Bill Nighy
Documentary Review: The strange relationship that develops between “The Paint and the Thief” who robbed her
One day in 2015, two men went into Oslo’s Galleri Nobel and stole two large photorealistic paintings by Barbora Kysilkova, a lightly-regarded Czech emigre newly-settled in Norway. There was surveillance footage of the crime, one guy in a hoodie, the … Continue reading
Truth be told, “End of Sentence” doesn’t get you, straight out of the gate. It’s downbeat, and the father-son rift acted out by Logan Lerman and John Hawkes feels contrived, more something dictated by the script and the near archetypes … Continue reading
Sweet Variety piece on director Lynn Shelton, getting close to her special contributions to indie cinema. https://t.co/K42GGS1zci https://t.co/llvNZjsYLj https://twitter.com/Variety_Film/status/1263112382462611457?s=20
You probably wrote their ad campaign, just based on the headline. “You check, but you never check out.” Very “Hotel California,” in Europe. Without the “f—–g Eagles, man.” A June 12 release.
Netflix puts Steve Carell in charge of “Space Force ” Seems so right.