Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Laughs are hard to find in this Spanish "Perfect Family (La familia perfecta)"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Rebel Wilson has her "Senior Year" moment
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: Lost Aussie Children in the Cane Country by "Sweet River"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? Poland's "The Getaway King (Najmro)" has style, wit and panache
- Netflixable? A Soapy Sex Triangle from India in shades of "Cobalt Blue"
- Movie Review: Chinese and in Japan? He'll never fit in without "Complicity"
- Netflixable? "40-Love" stumbles in love and laughs, if not tennis
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 20, 2020
Movie Preview: Animated”STARDOG AND TURBOCAT” has the voices of Charlie D’Amelio, Luke Evans, Bill Nighy
No Pixar pics during the pandemic, no Sony or DreamWorks. No interest in SCOOB!” What do you think? Should I review this one? Love that Bill Nighy
Documentary Review: The strange relationship that develops between “The Paint and the Thief” who robbed her
One day in 2015, two men went into Oslo’s Galleri Nobel and stole two large photorealistic paintings by Barbora Kysilkova, a lightly-regarded Czech emigre newly-settled in Norway. There was surveillance footage of the crime, one guy in a hoodie, the … Continue reading
Truth be told, “End of Sentence” doesn’t get you, straight out of the gate. It’s downbeat, and the father-son rift acted out by Logan Lerman and John Hawkes feels contrived, more something dictated by the script and the near archetypes … Continue reading
Sweet Variety piece on director Lynn Shelton, getting close to her special contributions to indie cinema. https://t.co/K42GGS1zci https://t.co/llvNZjsYLj https://twitter.com/Variety_Film/status/1263112382462611457?s=20
You probably wrote their ad campaign, just based on the headline. “You check, but you never check out.” Very “Hotel California,” in Europe. Without the “f—–g Eagles, man.” A June 12 release.
Netflix puts Steve Carell in charge of “Space Force ” Seems so right.