Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- "Hamilton" vs. "1776" isn't a fair fight, save in one regard
- Netflixable? Whatever you do, don't rile "Romina"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: The wear and tear of "The Aerialist" dancer's life
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 27, 2020
The world’s fourth largest island, a country famed for its beauty, its wildlife and a series of animated films about zoo animals making their way there, “has an image problem” a UNICEF official says in the early moments of the … Continue reading
Every now and then in various corners of the South, I’ll see a guy taking his fully-restored 1969-72 Chevrolet Nova out for a Saturday AM spin, maybe a run to a car show. And I’m not going to lie. I … Continue reading
There are worse sins than leaning into the cute if you’re making a diva-and-her-assistant romantic comedy, especially if you’ve cast sitcom star Tracee Ellis Ross (“black-ish”) as the diva, and Dakota Johnson as the assistant. Ross, the daughter of that … Continue reading
She rumbles down a dirt path in a remote corner of Mexico in the Nissan pickup she’s put many hard miles on. The road’s so bumpy her ever-present straw hat drops over her eyes, not that this stops her. Diana … Continue reading