Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Series Preview: Chess, madness and sex appeal -- "The Queen’s Gambit"
- Movie Review: Does Stephen King's lawyer know about "The Luring?"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 5, 2020
“Jerry Seinfeld: 23 Hours to Kill” puts him in a black suit and tie, but opens with him diving out of a helicopter to get to the (Beacon Theater) show. So yeah, it was supposed to coincide with the opening … Continue reading
“Walkaway Joe” is a somber, reflective road drama about fathers and sons, mistakes and legacies. Not a lot happens. The hook is the mythic pool hustling that’s been the bread and butter of many a down-and-out tale told on the … Continue reading
Lurid and louche, instantly awful and the quintessence of filmed “camp,” “Showgirls” rode to screen infamy when it rolled into theaters in 1995, greeted with almost universal derision and disdain. It blurred the line between overwrought acting and incompetent … Continue reading
Kudrow and Malkovich, Lynch and Willard and Carell. “Serious” doesn’t figure into this series, premiering May 29.
Alastair Sim came along entirely too soon to made his mark in any film version of “Lord of the Rings.” And more’s the pity, because if ever was an actor who looked at home with a pipe and had … Continue reading