Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review -- "Skin: A History of Nudity in the Movies"
- Movie Preview: Shia wears his Sunglasses at night as "The Tax Collector"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Bibb wears bibs in search of "The Lost Husband"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 5, 2020
“Jerry Seinfeld: 23 Hours to Kill” puts him in a black suit and tie, but opens with him diving out of a helicopter to get to the (Beacon Theater) show. So yeah, it was supposed to coincide with the opening … Continue reading
“Walkaway Joe” is a somber, reflective road drama about fathers and sons, mistakes and legacies. Not a lot happens. The hook is the mythic pool hustling that’s been the bread and butter of many a down-and-out tale told on the … Continue reading
Lurid and louche, instantly awful and the quintessence of filmed “camp,” “Showgirls” rode to screen infamy when it rolled into theaters in 1995, greeted with almost universal derision and disdain. It blurred the line between overwrought acting and incompetent … Continue reading
Kudrow and Malkovich, Lynch and Willard and Carell. “Serious” doesn’t figure into this series, premiering May 29.
Alastair Sim came along entirely too soon to made his mark in any film version of “Lord of the Rings.” And more’s the pity, because if ever was an actor who looked at home with a pipe and had … Continue reading