Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Netflixable? Taming "Lady Chatterley's Lover"
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A New, Animated Musical -- "Scrooge: A Christmas Carol"
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: Are Ryan, Will and Octavia "Spirited?"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: Russell Crowe shows off his "Poker Face" in this Aussie thriller
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 5, 2020
“Jerry Seinfeld: 23 Hours to Kill” puts him in a black suit and tie, but opens with him diving out of a helicopter to get to the (Beacon Theater) show. So yeah, it was supposed to coincide with the opening … Continue reading
“Walkaway Joe” is a somber, reflective road drama about fathers and sons, mistakes and legacies. Not a lot happens. The hook is the mythic pool hustling that’s been the bread and butter of many a down-and-out tale told on the … Continue reading
Lurid and louche, instantly awful and the quintessence of filmed “camp,” “Showgirls” rode to screen infamy when it rolled into theaters in 1995, greeted with almost universal derision and disdain. It blurred the line between overwrought acting and incompetent … Continue reading
Kudrow and Malkovich, Lynch and Willard and Carell. “Serious” doesn’t figure into this series, premiering May 29.
Alastair Sim came along entirely too soon to made his mark in any film version of “Lord of the Rings.” And more’s the pity, because if ever was an actor who looked at home with a pipe and had … Continue reading