Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review -- "Minions: The Rise of Gru" is Pure Looney Tunes
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Movie Review: "Beavis and Butthead Do the Universe" Heheheh..."Do"
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 5, 2020
“Jerry Seinfeld: 23 Hours to Kill” puts him in a black suit and tie, but opens with him diving out of a helicopter to get to the (Beacon Theater) show. So yeah, it was supposed to coincide with the opening … Continue reading
“Walkaway Joe” is a somber, reflective road drama about fathers and sons, mistakes and legacies. Not a lot happens. The hook is the mythic pool hustling that’s been the bread and butter of many a down-and-out tale told on the … Continue reading
Lurid and louche, instantly awful and the quintessence of filmed “camp,” “Showgirls” rode to screen infamy when it rolled into theaters in 1995, greeted with almost universal derision and disdain. It blurred the line between overwrought acting and incompetent … Continue reading
Kudrow and Malkovich, Lynch and Willard and Carell. “Serious” doesn’t figure into this series, premiering May 29.
Alastair Sim came along entirely too soon to made his mark in any film version of “Lord of the Rings.” And more’s the pity, because if ever was an actor who looked at home with a pipe and had … Continue reading