Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? The Hunt for a missing sister begins with "Sara's Notebook"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "The Wrong Missy" tries to revive David Spade
- Netflixable? Survivalism's last stand hinges on "The Reliant"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Movie Review: Jean Reno, ever "The Professional," doing wet work in "Cold Blood"
- Movie Review: "M.O.M. Mothers of Monsters"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 5, 2020
“Jerry Seinfeld: 23 Hours to Kill” puts him in a black suit and tie, but opens with him diving out of a helicopter to get to the (Beacon Theater) show. So yeah, it was supposed to coincide with the opening … Continue reading
“Walkaway Joe” is a somber, reflective road drama about fathers and sons, mistakes and legacies. Not a lot happens. The hook is the mythic pool hustling that’s been the bread and butter of many a down-and-out tale told on the … Continue reading
Lurid and louche, instantly awful and the quintessence of filmed “camp,” “Showgirls” rode to screen infamy when it rolled into theaters in 1995, greeted with almost universal derision and disdain. It blurred the line between overwrought acting and incompetent … Continue reading
Kudrow and Malkovich, Lynch and Willard and Carell. “Serious” doesn’t figure into this series, premiering May 29.
Alastair Sim came along entirely too soon to made his mark in any film version of “Lord of the Rings.” And more’s the pity, because if ever was an actor who looked at home with a pipe and had … Continue reading