Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Laughs are hard to find in this Spanish "Perfect Family (La familia perfecta)"
- Netflixable? Rebel Wilson has her "Senior Year" moment
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: Lost Aussie Children in the Cane Country by "Sweet River"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? Poland's "The Getaway King (Najmro)" has style, wit and panache
- Netflixable? A Soapy Sex Triangle from India in shades of "Cobalt Blue"
- Movie Review: Chinese and in Japan? He'll never fit in without "Complicity"
- Netflixable? "40-Love" stumbles in love and laughs, if not tennis
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 1, 2020
Monsters — racists, and other sorts of monsters — turn up in this ten episode “Green Book” style (horrific) road trip across America in the segregated 1950s. Courtney B. Vance headlines the cast, listed at the link. Looks “Watchmen” topical, … Continue reading
While Hollywood slept, Netflix took over the teen romantic comedy. “The Kissing Booth,” “Tall Girl,” “To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before,” “Alex Strangelove,” “The Perfect Date” –all have streamed into our homes since the last decent high school romance … Continue reading
Don’t let the phrase “Jim Parsons almost walks away with Ryan Murphy’s ‘Hollywood‘” scare you off, “Big Bang” haters. Because it’s “almost,” for starters. And Parsons, playing real-life “eye for the beefcake” predator/agent Henry Willson, is villainously vile, and a … Continue reading
This one stars Richard Speight and comes from small/edgy distributor Uncork’d. A cabbie racing the clock with a client. A race against…evil. June 12.