Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Netflixable? Taming "Lady Chatterley's Lover"
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A New, Animated Musical -- "Scrooge: A Christmas Carol"
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: Russell Crowe shows off his "Poker Face" in this Aussie thriller
- Movie Review: Are Ryan, Will and Octavia "Spirited?"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 1, 2020
Monsters — racists, and other sorts of monsters — turn up in this ten episode “Green Book” style (horrific) road trip across America in the segregated 1950s. Courtney B. Vance headlines the cast, listed at the link. Looks “Watchmen” topical, … Continue reading
While Hollywood slept, Netflix took over the teen romantic comedy. “The Kissing Booth,” “Tall Girl,” “To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before,” “Alex Strangelove,” “The Perfect Date” –all have streamed into our homes since the last decent high school romance … Continue reading
Don’t let the phrase “Jim Parsons almost walks away with Ryan Murphy’s ‘Hollywood‘” scare you off, “Big Bang” haters. Because it’s “almost,” for starters. And Parsons, playing real-life “eye for the beefcake” predator/agent Henry Willson, is villainously vile, and a … Continue reading
This one stars Richard Speight and comes from small/edgy distributor Uncork’d. A cabbie racing the clock with a client. A race against…evil. June 12.